Lapa / Downtown: Rio de Janeiro - Cosy Room
Этаж №5(с лифтом)
- Возможность проживания семьи/детей
- Курение разрешено
- Возможно проведение мероприятий
- Лифт в здании
- Закрывающаяся на ключ комната
|Адрес||Rua Riachuelo, 20230-011 Rio de Janeiro, Бразилия|
|Тип жилья||Отдельная комната|
The price of the stay is only for ONE person / per night. Check the additional fee for the Second and/or Third guest (Child or Adult).
Please, notice that we have "SPECIAL FARES" and/or for a different minimum night of stay during Special Events like Christmas, New Year's Eve and Carnival. Send us a message before making a booking request in this period.
ABOUT THE HOST:
Although I speak only Spanish, English and Portuguese, I`d say that I know how to speak all languages considering the fact that I am able to "Welcome" Anyone, independently of his nationality. So, be very... Very Welcome to my Home!
I do like to be with People and love to receive Friends and Guests. Since I came to this Planet I realized that I had two "Shortcuts": Through Pain or Love! That's why I decided to be an Easygoing Person, True-hearted, Funny and Optimistic.
Everybody is welcome my home and I do my Best, so that you feel as if you were in your own Home and I`ll be "available" 24h to you for any emergency. Most of the time I`ll be at home, but practically "invisible", but you can count on me.
I`m an English Teacher, Psychologist, retired Military (as an Air traffic Controller) and a Sculptor. At the moment I work as a Tourist Guide and make studies on Environmental Education.
ABOUT RIO DE JANEIRO:
Walking through the streets of Rio is to relive the History of Brazil. The old buildings of the city centre and surrounding areas carry itself a reminder of the country's greatest moments.
In January 1502, the second Portuguese exploratory expedition, commanded by Gaspar Lemos, arrived at the Bay of Guanabara. Spotting what for him was the mouth of a river, gave the name to the region of Rio de Janeiro.
But it was only in 1565 that Estácio de Sá founded the city, baptizing it with the name of Saint Sebastian of Rio de Janeiro, in honor of the then King of Portugal, Dom Sebastião.
Downtown neighborhood is well known for its museums and historic buildings. The flat is right next to several important districts: 5 blocks from Arches of Lapa, the famous Bohemian district, Santa Teresa, Flamengo Beach (10 min by bus), Botafogo Beach (15 min by bus), Copacabana Beach (25 min by bus), (25 min by taxi) to the International Airport and (10 min by taxi) from Santos Dumont National Airport. Staying downtown it`s a privilege for those who wish to spend their time to breathe art on visiting the churches and the cultural centers.
I am looking forward for your visit!
- One main Bedroom (Ensuite): It accommodates until THREE persons comfortably, but check the fee for the Third guest (Kid or Adult), that is US$20 per person / per night. This Main Room is only for the Guests: There`s a Double sofa bed for Two persons and a comfortable mattress for the Third guest and two fans;
- Second Room: Only available on Special Holidays like Christmas, New Year`s Eve and Carnival time;
- Third Room: Only for the Host;
- BREAKFAST is NOT included in the stay;
- NO Telephone Calls are allowed. You shall buy an international telephone card;
- No Air conditioning / Microwave / Washing machine;
- Ceiling Fan and an extra fan in the room;
- A 29" TV in the room and another LCD TV 42" in the Living room;
- Cable TV (NET), DVD / 3D Blu-ray;
- Internet with Wireless access: Do not forget to bring your own Laptop / Tablet;
- 2 bathrooms: A social (only for the Guests) and another one in the Laundry Area;
- A comfortable Living room;
- A kitchen: Gas Stove and a refrigerator;
- One Laundry Area with Washing Sink;
- "BREAKFAST" is not included in the stay, but there are two bakeries and three supermarkets on the street, so you can prepare your own breakfast or even Lunch and dinner. However, have in mind that you will be in charge of “cleaning” the kitchen utensils;
- If you want me to do your Breakfast, let me know in advance, but there`s a charge of US$5 per person / per day and the breakfast includes: coffee, milk, tea, bread, butter, ham, cheese, cake, yogurt, juice (pineapple or orange), and some fruit;
- Coffee, Tea and Filtered Water are available during the day;
- CHECK-IN TIME: As I`m retired, we can work out the best time for you to arrive. For weekend/holiday arrivals, I should be able to accommodate your arrival time easily;
- Deliver the house the same way you received at the moment of your check-in and try, at least try to keep it in order;
- The guest will pay for any "damages or losses" that he / she can do in the house;
- For your own safety, No "STRANGER" inside the building (Flat) is allowed;
- Do NOT disturb the neighbours;
- Just for your own safety, let me know if you`re gonna spend the night out;
- Always turn off the electric devices after using it and before leaving the house;
- Voltage in Rio is 110v. It's a good idea to bring a universal PLUG adapter. Not because of voltage, but electrical plugs are often different in each country;
- A bath and face towel are available;
- Exchange of bed linen and towels is done every three days;
- Bring your own "Beach Towel", please!
- And finally, bring much “Willingness” to have fun, because Life is too short!
- Bus Stop on the sidewalk of the building. Buses to South Zone: Flamengo, Botafogo, Copacabana, Ipanema and Downtown area;
- Private Parking by the side of the building: US$10 / 10 h;
- One Self Service Restaurant in the building and lots of other ones around;
- Several Snack bars and fast food restaurants on the street (two blocks away). Most of them with "delivery" service;
- Two Bakeries on the corner;
- Three Supermarkets (one block);
- Several Pharmacies on the street;
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS NEAR THE FLAT:
The apartment is close to several Tourist Attractions. Here are ome of them:
- 5 min of walking / 5 blocks away from Lapa, where there is a large concentration of bars and nightclubs for all audiences, including the LGBT public;
- 20 min (walking) to Carioca Metro Station;
- 15 min (walking) to Central Metro Station;
- 10 min (bus) to Santa Teresa;
- 15 min (bus) to Maracanã Stadium;
- 20 min walking / 10 min bus to Gloria and Catete;
- 25 min (bus) to Sugar Loaf and 20 min to the Christ, the Redeemer - the largest Art Deco Statue in the world;
- 15 / 20 min (walking) to several theatres and Cultural Centres like Municipal Theatre, Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Modern Art, among others;
- There is a "Bus Stop" on the sidewalk of the building to the South Zone: 10 min to Flamengo Beach, 15 min to Botafogo beach, 25 min to the beach of Copacana, 30 min to the beach of Ipanema and 40 min to the beach of Leblon (depending on the Traffic);
- 10 min (bus) to the Boat Station: Boats to Niterói;
- 10 min of walking to the Sambadrome, the Passarela of Samba where the Carnival Parade takes place;
- 10 min (bus) to the Bus Station (Greyhound Station) / Terminal Rodoviário Novo Rio;
- 15 min (by cab or by bus) to Santos Dumont Airport and 30 min to Antônio Carlos Jobim INTL Airport / (Galeão International Airport).
DIRECTION to THE ADDRESS:
The flat is in front of Español Hospital / Spanish Hospital, nearly on the corner of Washington Luis Street. Follow these instructions according with your mean of transportation:
1) Arriving at SANTOS DUMONT NATIONAL AIRPORT:
- By Cab:
In the Disembark Area, take a Cab, give the address, and tell the driver to follow this direction: Go through Arcs of Lapa through Mem de Sá St. On the end of this St, take a left turn to Riachuelo Street. Go straight ahead on Riachuelo St. The building is 150m ahead, on the right side, after the newsstand, on the Bus Stop. Probably you`re going to pay around US$20.
2) Arriving at ANTÔNIO CARLOS JOBIM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – “GALEÃO”:
- If you decide to take a cab, I`d suggest the following:
- In the Disembark Area, take a Cab, give the address, and tell the driver to take Linha Vermelha (Red Line), and tell him to follow this direction: go straight ahead through Linha Vermelha until reach Av Francisco Bicalho, take Av Presidente Vargas, make a right turn on Rua Benedito Hipólito (The same Street of “Terreirão do Samba”). In front of Terreirão do Samba, take Rua Marquês de Pombal and follow straight ahead until meet Rua Riachuelo. The building is 100m ahead, on the right side, after the newsstand, in the Bus Stop). Probably you`re going to pay around US$60.
- Other cheaper alternative is:
In the "Disembark Area", take a Shuttle Bus until Santos Dumont Airport (US$6). On getting off the bus, take a cab, give the address, and tell the driver to go until the end of Mem de Sá Street, then, take a left turn on Riachuelo Street. The building is 100m ahead, on the right side, after the newsstand. This cab will cost you around US$15.
3) Arriving at the GREYHOUND STATION / Terminal Novo Rio:
- By CAB:
- Take a Cab in the disembark area, give the address, and tell the driver to go until Largo do Santo Cristo, ma ke a left turn, soon a right turn and take Viaduto São Pedro, go straight ahead through Av. 31 de Março, and soon take the right lane, then make a left turn, take the same Av. 31 Março again and make a right turn and take Rua Benedito Hipólito.In front of Terreirão do Samba, take Rua Marquês de Pombal and follow straight ahead until meet Rua Riachuelo. The building is 100m ahead, on the right side, after the newsstand, in the Bus Stop). Probably you`re going to pay around US$15.
- By BUS:
On the disembark area, go to Av. Francisco Bicalho (Downtown direction) and take the Bus 362 (Honório Gurgel / Praça XV) or the line 497 (Penha / Laranjeiras) and get off on Riachuelo St (in fron of Igreja Nossa Senhora de Fátima / Our Lady of Fátima Church). The bus will follow through Av. Presidente Vargas, Rua Frei Caneca and Riachuelo St. Walk a block and a half on the right sidewalk of the church. My building is on the right side, after a newsstand, on a Bus Stop. The bus fee is around US$1,40.
4) Arriving at CARIOCA METRO STATION:
Take Av Chile exit and walk on this avenue until cross Rua dos Inválidos. Go straight ahead on Rua da Relação until Cruz Vermelha Square. Cross this square (at your left)and walk through Rua Henrique Valadares until Rua do Riachuelo. Make a left on this street, the building is on the right side of the street (8 meters ahead), on a Bus Stop.
- By Cab:
On getting off the station, go to Av Chile and take a cab. Ask the driver to follow this direction: Go straight ahead on Chile Avenue, make a right turn on Lavradio St. Go straight ahead and make a left turn on Rua do Senado. Go straight ahead until cross Rua Mem de Sá. On entering in this street, go straight ahead until cross Rua Frei Caneca. Make a left turn on Mem de Sá St. and then another left turn to Riachuelo St. Go straight on Riachuelo St. The building is on the right side, after a newsstand, on a Bus Stop. The taxi fee is around US$15.
Be very Welcome!!!
Medical Services and Health Cares:
It is really easy to stay healthy in Rio the Janeiro by taking some precautions. Nevertheless, it is highly recommended for tourists to contract a traveler medical insurance in advance.
The pharmacies in Rio are opened 24h / a day. Remember that pharmacies request the doctor’s prescriptions for some specific medicines and it is impossible to buy these medicines unless the order is presented.
Tourists are mostly affected by sun burns, especially during summer months, when staying in the beach for several hours without wearing sunscreen might result in sunstroke. A good sunscreen should be used when going to the beach as well as when taking city tours in sunny days. Be aware and mind this tip on your trip to Rio.
Due to the hot and humid weather, Rio is occasionally invaded by mosquitoes, especially during the summer months of February and March. It is recommended using a good insect repellant to avoid being bitted by dangerous mosquitoes (i.e. dengue).
Having a great time in Rio de Janeiro is almost assured; only try to be cautious, try to carry a sun screen lotion and a insect repellant all the time in your bag, and you will surely spend and excellent time!
My House is not a Hotel, but EIGHT Basic Rules must be followed:
1) Before your arrival, send to my mail a copy of your "Identity and also your Passport";
2) Prohibited the use of DRUGS (any kind): Brazil has serious restrictions against the use and possession of drugs. Therefore, I do not accept drugs in my home;
3) Law of Silence: for living in a Residential building, the law of silence runs from 05:00 p.m. until 08:00 a.m. It means you can still come in late, but try to keep the silence;
4) Prohibited PARTIES and MEETING with Friends: If you find some friend during your stay in the city, he or she must be received at the reception desk of the building;
5) Under no circumstances, it is allowed "Sexual Encounters" in the apartment. There are lots of Motels at three blocks of my residence;
6) For your own safety, no "Strangers" in the flat;
7) It is allowed SMOKING, but I advise you not to do that in the room, living and kitchen. Smoke only in the "Laundry Area";
8) Don't lose the keys of the flat, if that happens, have in mind that the lost fee is US$100.
|Цена за 1 гостей||1403 руб. за одну ночь/ дополнительная ночь|
|Максимальная продложительность визита||1 месяц|
|Заезд после||По договоренности|
|Заселение до||По договоренности|
|Политика Отмены Брони||Полугибкая|
- Гарантировать качество жилья
- Проверить каждого принимающиего Вас хозяина по телефону
- Обеспечить безопасную оплату через шифрование на базе SSL